[Fot] Update on Austin Tx F1

Terry Stetler tlizzard at msn.com
Sat Nov 19 05:06:39 MST 2011

Is this really a surprise?

My old time SCCA buddies have been discussing this for a week or so now.

To put it bluntly, until a real, established, BIG TIME NAME in American
industry, coupled with a professional, established promoter of a successful
American road racing series
gets in the act, (Not the SCCA BTW), there will never be a solid US GP.

Formula One is the biggest of the big leagues, and frankly, when it come to
road racing, we are just a farm club now a days.  It did not used to be this
way.  Anyone remember the real CAN AM or original IMSA series?

Terry Stetler
  Looks like the Austin Tx Grand Prix is in trouble:
  http://formula-one.speedtv.com/article/f1-ecclestone-gives-austin-until-nex
t-week-to-save-us-gp<http://formula-one.speedtv.com/article/f1-ecclestone-giv
es-austin-until-next-week-to-save-us-gp>

  Tony