[Fot] [6pack] Zinc Additive.

Ted Schumacher tedtsimx at bright.net
Tue Nov 1 12:04:14 MDT 2011

Glenn, the first 30 seconds and then the first 5 minutes of new engine
(or cam) start up are the critical cam life determining time. Inadequate
or poor quality cam lube, trying to build oil pressure by turning with
the starter rather than fully pressurizing he system first, high ratio
rocker arms and excessive valve spring pressure all will wipe cam
lobes.  The other factor is inital run-in time and procedure. Three
years ago we  spent almost a year researching oils and zinc issue. We
spoke  with Comp Cams, Joe Gibbs, Mobil, Brad Penn and others.Finally
settled on Brad Penn. They have a good selection of grades plus they
have break-in oil. We build a lot of engines and this has worked for us.
Commercial content - Brad Penn break-in oil is $6/qt.  All other weights
are $5/qt  Ted

--
Ted Schumacher
tedtsimx at bright.net
http://www.tsimportedautomotive.com
108 S. Jefferson St.
Pandora, Ohio, USA 45877
Fax: 419.384.3272 (24 Hrs.)
Phone: 800.543.6648 (US&  Canada)
Tech/ Gen. Information/ Worldwide: 419.384.3022