[Fot] Shimming the rocker pedestals ?

MadMarx tr4racing at googlemail.com
Wed May 4 09:03:51 MDT 2011

I run shims under the pedestals.
1.5 mm thick.
They work fine with stock rockers.

Cheers
Chris

-----Urspr|ngliche Nachricht-----
Von: fot-bounces at autox.team.net [mailto:fot-bounces at autox.team.net] Im
Auftrag von toodamnfunky at comcast.net
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 4. Mai 2011 16:10
An: fot
Betreff: [Fot] Shimming the rocker pedestals ?

FoT

I just built a fresh motor with a different block and discovered my pushrods
are too long.

I had new ( big ) valves put in and started with a prepared from stock
block.

.008 was taken off the block and I canbt remember how much off the head to
give me 12.5:1 comp ratio. I would guess the head was shaved over .120b
.

Anyway, while doing the final assembly and prepping to run it in, my
adjusters
are run out all the way to max. There is a full 3/16b
 of thread projecting
from the adjustment screw. I got cylinders 1& 2 to adjust to .22/.24 lash
but
when I got to # 3

that's where the adjuster had no effect, that was my first clue.

Our first race of the season is on the 13 th so I need to find a solution in
the next few days. One thing I have always wondered about is why couldnbt
the pedestals just be raised to compensate instead of shortening all the
pushrods.

Thanks again for input,

Jim G.
fot at autox.team.net