[Fot] Triumph related, sort of...

BillDentin at aol.com BillDentin at aol.com
Sun May 8 10:35:06 MDT 2011

Amici...

Yesterday, in race number three on the Kentucky Derby Day under card, #2
Golden Triumph went off as the second favorite at just under three to one odds
(I had him figured to run fourth).  He had a sluggish start that appeared
to be related to electrical issues, but still rushed to a forward position
early in the race.  Then at the half way point he appeared to hit an invisible
wall and fell back to 6th (a fuel flow issue?).  He was tired but showing a
stiff upper lip, he still came back to finish in a dead heat for 5th.

Make no mistake.  Golden Triumph horse is a true blue blood.  He cost his
owners $400,000 in 2009.  His daddy is Bernardini, who charges a $75,000 stud
fee, and who just serviced super mare Zenyatta.  His Mom is a mare out of
Mr. Prospector.  These are all top shelf blood lines.  This was only his
second start, and I think he should be expected to improve.

Bill (Damdinger)