[Fot] My TR3A has a 12 quart sump.

Mark Eginton markconsultation at twcny.rr.com
Fri May 28 15:40:32 MDT 2010

For years in the '60s my mom drove my TR3 from Huntington Beach to LA
(hour plus each way) to work the night shift as key punch operator at B
of A. One morning bleary eyed she filled a hot motor up with water (yes
she put it in the valve cover - to the top) and drove the rest of the
way home! The car was unhappy, my dad was unhappy and it  rolled into
the garage to wait till I could drive. Finally, Dad swore it was going
to the junk yard. Enter me - I threw a fit and told them I wanted it. It
was mom's (technically) so she won and at 11 years old I became the
proud owner of a 1957 TR3 I have known since I was 4.

Cheers,