[Fot] Oil pressure seetings for SBC piston guded rods

Greg & Alison Blake ablake2 at austin.rr.com
Sat May 22 09:46:15 MDT 2010

Anyone using the Chevy rods with the narrow big end please let me know what
oil pressure settings you are using.  This past weekend I saw my pressure
bleed off from 75psi at idle 80 psi above 2000rpm to 30psi at idle/60psi
above 2000rpm after 2 laps in my second race.  I skipped Sunday's races
because I could not get the cold oil pressure at start up back to 80psi.

I will be pulling the pan this weekend to look at bearings, but I am now
wondering if I need to be setting the pressure regulator higher, like
100psi, due to the amount of oil that get past the narrow rod bearings.

What say the oil pressure gurus.