[Fot] sending unit question

Mark Eginton markconsultation at twcny.rr.com
Sat May 1 11:37:36 MDT 2010

IMHO go to sears and buy an infrared temperature gun - make sure it has
the laser pointer. They only get expensive if you have to read to 2000F.
They are dirt cheap and once I purchased one I use it all the time. From
soldering to welding to tire temperatures they are fantastic. I get my
engines good and hot and benchmark (document) all the bearing surfaces
temps e.g. water pump, alternator and a few other key places. When I
hear something untoward, just go over it with the temp gun and it
quickly identifies the issue. Great purchase - father's day coming...

Cheers,