[Fot] Nomination

Tim Pettenati tpettenati at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 22 23:23:06 MDT 2010

Hi All,

Intro  - My wife and I have been involved in SCCA racing since the
late 80's when I started crewing on a Formula Atlantic, and my wife started
working grid.  If you've participated to a CSRG or HMSA event in the past
several years, I've been working Tech and Black Flag, and my wife Darlyn has
been working Grid.  In other words - she's the one you love to see,  and I'm
the one you hope not to see. I don't take it personally - really!

Darlyn went
through SCCA drivers school last year in a Spec Miata and now has her novice
comp license.  She'll be driving the Spit, and I'll be the wrench for the time
being. Maybe next year will be my turn for drivers school.

About the
Spitfire -  It's a 1964 1147cc and has a competition history back to the early
80's.  Ran mostly at Riverside. Supposedly built with help from Lee Mueller,
and has Mother Mueller comp parts.

It sat in Oceanside for about 17 years
before the most recent owner bought it and restored it to a period correct
race car.  It was back on the track for 4 races in 2009 with VARA and
then HMSA Coronado last Sept..  I bought it and towed it home Feb. 2010 from
Carlsbad. It currently sports a 2.5" straight-through sidepipe. I know it will
need muffled before I can run anywhere in NorCal.  Sounds great, but will
never pass sound.  So it needs just a few minor fixes before it will be track
ready again.

Regards,
Tim Pettenati

P.S. - Thanks for the nomination Jim &