[Fot] Restrictor Valve

Tim Murphy timmurph at fastbytes.com
Thu Mar 11 08:52:27 MST 2010

Good point.  I had a discussion with Jack Drews regarding the seals from
Moss and he questioned whether or not they were the same "type" as the
original because they only seemed to last about one or maybe two seasons.
We've had the same problem.  I put stainless steel pistons in but we get the
seals "weeping" when the car stands for any amount of time, ultimately
draining all the brake fluid out, like over winter.  Under pressure they
seem to be sealing just fine, the level stays up in the reservoir during a
weekends event.  We may have to add some fluid due to pad wear (we have the
small style master on the front and back of a dual master system) during a
weekend but that's all.  I did notice some unusual "staining" on the
stainless pistons when we changed the seals last year.  Doesn't look like
actual scoring.  Anybody else seen this with the stainless pistons?  I can
e-mail photos, which don't really do a good job of showing what it looks
like, if anyone is interested.

Tim