[Fot] Towing

Larry Young cartravel at pobox.com
Thu Jan 28 14:21:45 MST 2010

I'm a firm believer in diesel technology.  After all, its
thermodynamically more efficient and now very clean.  Unfortunately,
only the Europeans have embraced it.  There are now four choices without
going to a big 3/4 ton or larger pickup -  Mercedes, BMW, Audi and VW.
I like the BMW engine, but towing appears to be an afterthought.  The
others have 3.0L V6 engines with about 400 ft-lb of torque.  Of course,
they are all a bit more expensive than what Tony is after.
Larry