[Fot] How much do you think a GT6 could tow?

Catpusher at aol.com Catpusher at aol.com
Thu Jan 28 01:17:09 MST 2010

It has been some time since Joe saw my E Type hitch.  There are two  bars
inside the floor that bolt to a major strap under the backside that goes
from the front bottom of the spare tire floor to past the tow ball mounting
hole that is drilled through it.  The TR3 removable frame rear gearbox  mount
connects the main bar to straps inside and out that tie into the 4 license
plate mounting holes.

Ellie and I have owned one of the last GT6+s made, since new; and have put
240,000 miles on it.  I would not suggest towing anything heavy with  it.
Where do we get new laygears?

The GT6 parts book shows PN 210953  "towing attachment kit--rear"  fitted
up to KC50000 only
and PN 214521 from KC50001 and future.......... on page 199  ACCESSORIES

Hardy