[Fot] advice wanted on TR diff mounts

Terry and Cindy roadandtrack at bigpond.com
Sun Jan 24 15:06:26 MST 2010

Can anyone offer any experience (postive or negative) on the 3 different TR
IRS rear diff mounting systems?.

The 4A has a 2-piece rear diff case, with bolt on "ears" that accept the
same 2-piece  mounts front & rear. I'm assuming this will bolt into a later
TR (anyone comment??)

>From the parts book, it seems the TR250 modified the 4A arrangement to
accept a 1 piece mount, which looks same as TR6 rear mount. Is this
correct??

The TR6 has a sturdier looking 1-piece alloy case with a single piece rear
mount. I now have this system,. But the mounts are routinely falling apart,
hence my query

Thanks., Terry O'Beirne