[Fot] Bearing clearances

Tony Drews tony at tonydrews.com
Tue Jan 19 21:59:57 MST 2010

Here's the message I sent without the baggage of the attached thread
message(s) so it will be small enough to make it out without
moderator approval:

I run the coating from Calico Coatings www.calicocoatings.com that
Jack recommended ages ago.  I use this on the mains and the rod
bearings.  I buy the King tri-metal bearings that BPNW sells and send
them off to be coated prior to assembly.  The local speed shop uses
it on a lot of the V-8's they build.  The last couple of rebuilds the
bearings looked great - don't have it apart from last year
yet.  Before the coating I would always have a certain amount of bearing wear.

I run the Valvoline VR1 synthetic after breakin (20w50).

- Tony