[Fot] Triumphs at Duryea Hillclimb

BillDentin at aol.com BillDentin at aol.com
Mon Aug 16 09:28:49 MDT 2010

In a message dated 08/16/2010 9:59:03 AM Central Daylight Time,
lang at isis.mit.edu writes:

> > While many of you will be at Heartland next weekend, there will be some
> > Triumphs in Reading, PA for the Duryea Hillclimb.  Registered at this
> time
> > are:

Sure SAD news concerning the eight deaths at the California off road truck
rally this past week end.  Watch for 20/20 Hind Sight having a big impact on
that sport.  The trail lawyers ought to have a field day.  I doubt if the
sanctioning body has deep pockets, but I believe the land is government
owned.  Taxpayers may end up paying some claims.

Hill climbs can have such issues as well.  I know the VSCDA used to do Hill
Climbs at both Lake Geneva and Janesville in Wisconsin.  The Janesville
event had a lot of historical significance because they used to do it in the
1950s.  Race teams from around the country would telescope a stop for those
events on their way to the Elkhart Lake road races.  But the VSCDA was unable
to handle crowd control, and therefore stopped running those events.

Bill Dentinger