[Fot] Liner height question

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Wed Aug 4 15:26:41 MDT 2010

> If
> you cannot do it any other way use a stock head gasket and be extra
> careful
> with the torquing and you will probably get through it.

FWIW, I have had good luck sealing .003" from side to side, by using a stock
head gasket and the addition of a copper O-ring around each cylinder.  20
AWG "half hard" bare copper wire, laid into the slight groove next to the
stock fire ring, and tacked in place with electronic solder.
http://tinyurl.com/2f6lvq5

Before trying that, I just could not keep a head gasket sealed for any
length of time.  This is on the street (but I do drive my cars hard on
occasion).

And I'm beginning to think this was a fairly common problem from the
factory, since I've now found two TR3 blocks in a row that appear unmolested
and yet are not machined properly.

-- Randall