[Fot] Topeka races

Kas Kastner kaskas at cox.net
Thu Aug 26 15:18:40 MDT 2010

The folks at Topeka were really exceptional in their hospitality and willingness to have it just as "right" as we'd like to have it. Thanks to them, and all the TR people, it was a good and Triumphant time.

No one has ever asked me about the judging of the winner of the Kastner Cup[.  I am kind of surprised, but thats just fine with me. I managed to watch ever session from Thursday through the race on Sunday, see every car, and took splits and laps times on most of the cars. I saw the race from a very good vantage point that was about 25 seconds long, and watched every lap and saw every car. I saw poor moves and good moves and fast guys and people not having a great time, spin outs, off course excursions, close encounters and terrific driving. That were SEVERAL standout performances. It was difficult to finally see that only one could be the winner of this award, I even considered announcing a list of the people whom I thought 'were in it".  But, common  and good sense told me that was foolish, so I made a judgment of performance, off track personality and thus the winner was settled. Thanks to all who participated and it appeared that all of us had a great time. Lets to it again.
--
Never be beaten by equipment