[Fot] TR6 Aluminum Heads & special TR-4 heads

Kas Kastner kaskas at cox.net
Thu Apr 22 11:36:32 MDT 2010

It is interesting the Greg has one of he heads and states that the edge on the spark plug side is thicker.  Terrific Morgan driver, Lew Spencer, is my great friend, and Greg now has his car, so as I had done some engines for Lew, maybe that is the routing of that piece. the thicker edge is true, but on some of them I noted strangely, that the shelf was very thin and actually had a slight curve and you could see the top of the block, just as edge that is, right at the back. So don't use the edge thickness of the pushrod shelf as a criteria.
---- riverside <riverside at southslope.net> wrote:

Reminds me of what my old sponsor,  (mostly free advice)
an independent TR repair shop
told me a long time (40 years)ago.
It may be true that all you know you learned from Kas,
but don't think for a second he's taught you all he knows!

 art de armond