[Fot] Engine installation webpage

Tim Murphy timmurph at fastbytes.com
Mon Mar 30 07:51:29 MDT 2009

I notice that you didn't remove the steering rack clamps and tip the
steering rack forward to get more clearance for the oil pan.  We do this and
it really helps.  But, we have the finned aluminum oil pan that is deeper
than the stock sheet metal one.  Anyone with clearance problems at the front
on installation should consider this.  Simple to do.  Only took me about 2
or 3 installations to get smart and do it!!  Sometimes you just have to stop
and think a little bit.

Tim
1961 TR4 #317