[Fot] engine assembly web page

Mark Eginton markconsultation at twcny.rr.com
Sat Mar 28 09:00:40 MDT 2009

Tony,

Thanks for taking the time to publish these pics. I am just about to
doctor my oil pan. Noticed that you went top to bottom with the baffle
for the length of the opening on one side. I understood the comp manual
says it should float 3/8" (I think) from the bottom. Have you run this
design? I like the idea. Also I am guessing there is no need for a
baffle on the other side or across the pan for hard braking? A COTS pan
(commercial off the shelf) for my mustang boxed the pickup with trap
doors which is why I was curious - overkill???

On the front of the pan where second peice is welded to the primary
peice, I eyeball the float off the bottom of the pan to be ~1/2"?

Thanks again for the pics!!!