[Fot] GT6 questions

Tim Hutchisen hakhutch at roadrunner.com
Thu Mar 19 17:35:32 MDT 2009

Mike-
    I have a 70 Gt6+ that I drive as a daily driver about 9 months out of
the year. (Maine winters prevent the other 3 months). After owning and
driving it for 3 years now here is my .02 cents worth.

    Comp springs in the front will give the car the proper attitude you are
looking for without sacrificing the ride quality. The lump 6 engine block in
the front will dampen the higher spring rate and make the ride quite
comfortable. I am unsure of the spring length and rate but the higher rate
spring is readily available from most major LBC suppliers. The only
challenge is when the car is lifted off the ground for service, the spring
will not stay in the spring perch unless you wire tie them to the perch. If
you do not wire tie them, you'll have to align the springs prior to putting
any significant weight back on the suspension-not a big deal just a pain.
    Exhaust, if you a looking for great burble- take Nigel's (Spitbits)
advice and install the Bell. I had a Monza on mine, it was loud and had a
resonation that would drive you out of the car at 55 MPH. I had to wear ear
plugs. The Bell takes the resonation away but still gives it a great snarl.
It is loud when the throttle plates are wide open however. The fit and
quality of the Bell exhaust was excellent. I am running the stock exhaust
manifold.

 Hutch