[Fot] detroit locker

Bill Babcock Billb at bnj.com
Fri Mar 13 13:44:25 MDT 2009

on reflection, honestly I'd say if you don't have a way to retain your
axles you should consider sticking with an open diff. You can drive
around an open diffs limitations just as you can a welded axle's,
particularly if you retain your parking brake, but even without the
time honored "hand LSD" you can open your steering when the rear end
starts to lose grip and get the tire back on the ground. Some folks
really master this. I was pretty fair at it when I used a Quaife. In
my experience a Quaife doesn't buy you much in racing.