[Fot] TR Drive Shaft

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Tue Mar 3 12:44:30 MST 2009

> I'm thinking of making up a fixed lenth shaft without the sliding
> pline. With the diff fixed i see no reason to have the spline .

Just my uninformed opinion, but it seems to me that the transmission and
differential both move on their mounts enough to matter, not to mention the
frame itself flexing.  Transmitting all that force to ball bearings not
designed for side loading seems like a bad idea to me.

But YMMV and all that.  Might be OK for a race car that only has to last a
few hundred miles.

Randall