[Fot] Dual SU manifold for 1500 Spitfire

GRMTim at aol.com GRMTim at aol.com
Sun Mar 22 19:57:36 MDT 2009

We took about a 100 mile trip in my son's 1973 Spitfire today. I really need
to find a twin SU manifold with carbs and linkage and do a nice engine upgrade
story on this car. Such a nice little car, but gutless and that single
Stromberg sucks.

Anyone have one of these setups they want to sell or trade? I have a twin
Weber setup but feel this is a little much for a low buck how to article on a
stock Spitfire engine. I would obviously improve exhaust and ignition and maybe
the cam at the same time.

Tim Suddard
Publisher; Classic Motorsports
and Grassroots Motorsports magazines
www.classicmotorsports.net
www.grassrootsmotorsports.com
Phone: (386) 673-4148 Fax: (386) 673-6040