[Fot] ARE wheels

EDWARD BARNARD edwardbarnard at prodigy.net
Thu Mar 12 19:59:48 MDT 2009

Group: The ARE wheels are made by American Racing Equipment (sorry Joe, no copyright infringement) and are of the four spoke style. I was lucky enough last year to acquire 9 of them in the 4 x 100mm bolt pattern, 6.0" wide. I sold off 4 of them figuring that I would never need more than 5. I've had them sitting in the shop for the last year wondering how they compared in weight to the 5.5" wide Cosmic's I had on my son's BMW 2002. This past week I had the old tires removed from the Cosmic's and was able to compare the weight of the wheels bare. WOW... the Cosmic's feel to be significantly lighter in weight. I figure they must have cast them out of feathers. The racing tires will be mounted on the Cosmic's and the street tires on the ARE's.
So it is written...so it shall be done!
- Ed -