[Fot] SVRA to require head and neck restraints

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Thu Jan 15 17:10:31 MST 2009

> Nowadays, whenever I
> ride, I wear boots, full leathers, and helmet.

Perfectly reasonable.  A friend of mine went so far as to show up at an
anti-helmet-law rally wearing his helmet.  When asked WTF, he replied "Being
opposed to the law doesn't mean I'm stupid!"

As I see it, these arguments devolve to whether "freedom" includes the right
to do "stupid" things.  Like ride without a helmet.  Or ride at all for that
matter.

Or drive an old car without air bags, anti-lock brakes, side impact
protection, crush zones, 5 mph bumpers etc etc.

Randall - looking forward to driving a TR3 to work again without so much as
seat belts retrofitted