[Fot] Hardware

Greg Solow gregmogdoc at surfnetusa.com
Sat Feb 28 13:21:04 MST 2009

We use top quality Grade 8 cap screws (bolts) after bottom tapping all of
the bolt holes. Curtiss Industries makes very good bolts. ARP also has
suitable 12 point 1/2" uss cap screws, I do not have the part number handy
at the moment. I like to use Metric 12 mm "wave washers" under the heads of
the bolts. These "wave washers" which are German "Din" spec lock washers are
hard and smooth, so they help give consistent & uniform torque figures to
secure the main caps. 90 lbs. ft. of torque with motor oil as lub is plenty.
We have never had a problem using these parts.

        Greg Solow