[Fot] Question on Accusump Install with External Oil Lines On a Spitfire

Bill Babcock Billb at bnj.com
Sat Feb 7 09:53:28 MST 2009

I agree, I use a single line. I think people are trying to get around
making the gallery plug hole bigger. Nerve-wracking to drill on
something like that, but worth doing as long as you can catch all the
chips and clean the block after. I have also taken that opportunity to
enlarge the bearing feed holes.
On Feb 7, 2009, at 3:18 AM, Henry Frye wrote:

> I've followed this thread and kept seeing people talking about
> plumbing
> multiple lines from the accusump into the main oil gallery. Why? Isn't
> one big line going to do exactly the same thing?
>
> Is there some fluid dynamics voodoo I am not privy to?
>
> Unless those oil feed ports are going directly into an oil gallery
> feeding the crank, I see no benefit to several lines over one
> adequately
> sized line. More expense, and a labyrinth of oil lines is just more
> stuff to go wrong.
>
> Seems to me if you really needed the flow from multiple locations your
> motor is already toast...

Bill Babcock
Babcock & Jenkins
Billb at bnj.com