[Fot] Question on Accusump Install with External Oil Lines On a Spitfire

Scott Janzen s.janzen at comcast.net
Wed Feb 4 15:35:29 MST 2009

All the block fittings are tapered pipe thread, not straight thread,
don''t remember the size.  I did this on a GT6 motor - got all the
fittings and hose from Pegasus Auto Racing - if you do not have their
catalogue, get one, as it is a useful reference tool even if you get
stuff somewhere else.  they have every combination of fitting sizes,
shapes and threads you can possibly need.  I used steel fittings in
the block, and made up my own AN lines with steel fittings at the
block end and aluminum where they connected to the aluminum
"manifold"  (piece of bar stock, drilled and tapped).   I'm assuming
you have made up AN lines before, but if not, get a cheap cut-off/chop
saw from Harbor Freight etc.  Hacksaws just fray the lines too much.