[Fot] Speaking of porting and Polishing???

Mark Eginton markconsultation at twcny.rr.com
Sat Feb 28 08:22:12 MST 2009

In reading the competition preparation manual they mention polishing intake
manifolds. I thought I read or was told when building a V8 years ago that
polishing is no longer recommended because fuel condenses on the manifold
surface with laminar flow. A slight texture e.g. minor grind or casting marks
keeps a turbulant flow which keeps fuel atomized. I wonder also if this is
only for aluminum manifolds e.g. heat loss and if it extends inside the head.
thoughts???

I am currently doing some port matching and casting removal on both the head
and TR3 manifold.

Can't wait for spring - more snow in upstate NY - california dream'n...

BTW I don't need a maui weather update Bill... ;o)