[Fot] Rod bearings

Robert Blake rblake36 at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 16 20:12:49 MDT 2009

Unwashed shade tree mechanic in need of advise.  Am attempting to replace the
rod bearings on my TR4 with minimal success.  After loosening the nuts I
attempted to push the piston up off the crank using the wooden handle of a
mallet placed against the meaty part of the piston where the wrist pin sets.
No movement. Yes, I actually did pull the plugs first!  I was reluctant to
beat it too hard.  Checked the archives for previous posts on this issue but
found none.  Appreciate any suggestions.

Bob Blake