[Fot] Enclosed trailer advice

Scott Janzen s.janzen at comcast.net
Sun Sep 28 19:10:18 MDT 2008

I am always amazed at the prices used trailers bring.  I bought a 20' dual axle Haulmark several years ago around this time at the factory for about $4600.  They are still about the same price, last time I looked.  BTW, Haulmark, and maybe others, has various assembly plants around the country, so find one near you.  I found it on eBay, where a wholesaler listed trailers they contracted to buy with a buy it now price, but didn't want to take delivery of because it would just sit on their lot all winter.
A dealer told me late fall is a great time to buy an enclosed trailer, as there is left-over stock (esp this year, I bet) and the landscapers, etc are not buying at this time of year.
a ten year old trailer sounds like failing electrics, dry rotted tires and rusty frame to me.