[Fot] Watkin's Glen

Joe Boruch jaboruch at netzero.net
Mon Sep 8 16:04:08 MDT 2008

I would like to Ditto Bill's thanks to all the organizers and to SVRA (especially for letting in SCCA cars.  Wish I could have participated Saturday and Sunday, but after evaluating the damage we decided to cut our losses and pack it in.  We could haved spent hours at the track piecing fiberglass back together and bending sheet metal, but that would not be fun for me, or anyone else who offerred to help.  Everyone was there to have fun and repairs like this are work, not fun.  Rear fender is pieced back together and most sheet metal is semi-straight.  Spent about 20-hours so far on repairs.  It was fun while it lasted.   Joe(B)

-- "Bill DeWar" <pcdelux at worldnet.att.net> wrote:
Listers,  Great time at the races. Hat's off to Joe Alexander, Kas, and all other TR celebritiesin attendance. Highlights as I saw it. Tr250 K looking great and sounding and runningawesome. Peyote resurrected, even faster than before. Absolutely jam packed downtowncelebration friday evening. Lots of street TR's everywhere. WPTA gang and Classic Motorsportstents setup right at last turn. Classic Motorsports free beer.(Thanks Tim) Classic MotorsportsPub with bar and dart boards. (BIG Thanks to Gary Hunter and Jim) They worked hard all event.Sam Halkias's TR6 harassing Porche's in qualifying race. Dick Stockton's TR4 running superbuntil #3 rod failure in All TR race. All the usual fast TR's running great,Henry Frye, Randy WilliamsGeorge Wright, Jeff Snook, Steve Groh, etc..   The usual carnage, Joe Boruch TR3 crash, Joe A engine failure,White #7 TR6 engine failure,Larry Young, valve issues but made the sunday race. Keith Files, oil leaks all weekend but hekept at it.   Last but not least a very nice tribute by Bill Dentinger to Uncle Jack .           Joe Alexander THANK YOU!! Bill DeWarTriumph Rescue