[Fot] alternatives to the SCCA?

fpspitfire at comcast.net fpspitfire at comcast.net
Sun Jun 1 08:38:16 MDT 2008

Amici,

In the past few weeks the SCCA has put out a plan that basically disenfranchises many members by the elmination of all but 2 production car classes.  This is coming at the expense of G and H production which will be merged with F production.  There is no current plan from the board of directors as to how this is going to be accomplished.

What we do know, is there is no way for many of the H-Prod cars to be competetive with the F-Prod cars.  Some of us could be, but it is going to take either the complete overhaul of the car or start over with a new car.

What alternatives are out there for a current SCCA to run with?  ie: a '72 car running the 1500, flared fenders, slicks, dog ring gearbox, etc...etc...

I'm losing faith that I'll be able to run this car anywhere in the next 3 years.

Aaron Johnson
#87 HP Spitfire 1500
Southern Illinois Region SCCA