[Fot] Camping At The Glen Info...

WILLIAM TOBIN william.tobin3 at verizon.net
Wed Jul 23 20:21:39 MDT 2008

  Hi, for the Vintage events, things are much more relaxed than during, say
Nascar or Indy races. A regular ticket will get you about anywhere you want
to go. There's not a huge crowd there for Vintage events, so you can wander
about anywhere except the hot pits. Watch from one grandstand for one heat,
then wander to another location for the next heat. You can drive, walk, or
ride a bicycle. Be sure to spend some time in the Boot (turns 6,7, and 8)
Great viewing. And ignore the signs saying no shorts or sandels in the
paddock, just the hot pits.
   There's a lot of space in the infield (which is basically anywhere inside
the track) for camping. Area A, B, or D would be close to the action. I
slept in my van in the South Paddock for the VRG event last October; a nice,
low key event.
   Like I said, it's a whole different atmosphere for the Vintage types. One
woman, after I made a remark about lug nuts, came over and said, "You
Vintage guys are a lot more fun than the rest of the folks who race here."
   I've been going there since '68; had some great times. Things tamed down
a bit after they drained the Bog, though!
   Try and get to the event at the Research Library on Friday evening.
Usually $25, with lots of great food, liquid refreshments, guest speakers,
live and silent auctions, etc. A good time.
  I'm looking forward to another great weekend there.  See you there.
  Bill Tobin  Erie, PA TR6 "Don't go too fast, but I go pretty far."
Melanie, circa 1972