[Fot] SPITFIRE IN MONTEREY HISTORICS

Andrew Mace herald948 at aol.com
Thu Jul 17 12:26:48 MDT 2008

-----Original Message-----
From: Robert MacKenzie <list at mackenzie.aero>

Just curious about something; is the year/commission number correct for this
car or is there a misprint on the entry list?

If I remember correctly; Spitfire production began in '62 and a car FC11029
would be at least a '63. (Not nitpicking - just curious)

 ==AM==
You are correct; it can't be a 1961 and almost definitely is a 1963! (Technically, the displacement should be 1147cc, not 1300cc, but that's another story, I suppose....)

I always get a bit of a kick out of folks who claim their US - spec. early Spitfire 4 is a 1962 model...especially since the cars weren't even introduced to the US press until January 1963! ;-)

--Andy Mace