[Fot] Liner Protrusion?

rikrock at aol.com rikrock at aol.com
Tue Jul 1 13:21:14 MDT 2008

Amici,

I'm building a new TR4 motor.? Planning to use a steel shim headgasket.? Along with the shaved head, compression ratio will be aprrox. 11:1.

With the new 89mm liners clamped down lightly on top of dry figure 8 gaskets which measure .0145" thick, cylinders 1, 2, and 3 liner?protrusion measures between .003" and .004".? Cylinder #4 protrusion measures between .005" and .006".? My question is.... what are the chances the steel shim headgasket? will seal properly with these heights and variation?

Further, what do you like to use for sealer on the (steel) figure 8's and steel shim gaskets?

Thanks!

Rich Rock