[Fot] Springs

tedtsimx at bright.net tedtsimx at bright.net
Thu Jan 31 19:40:15 MST 2008

Bob, right you are.  Std "size" for coil overs is 2.5".  TR3 - 6 coils are 4".  Hyper coil and all the othe mfg's cannot go to a magic box and come up with any "inexpensive" spring unless it is a commonly used size.  We have abouyt 1000 springs a  year madae for us.  Dpoing custom springs is not cheap.  Especially if you need the spring mfg. to do all the engineering - load, coil bind, coil defelection, how accurate do you want variation (our springs are+=/- 2%) etc.  UK springs can vary as mcuh as 10%. Ted