[Fot] Brake Shoe Lining Material

Allen Washatko awashatko at wi.rr.com
Sat Jan 19 08:00:11 MST 2008

Peter,

You can make the back brakes work harder for you by changing the rear
wheel cylinders to a larger bore. Use the Morgan cylinders which you
can get through British Parts Northwest http://www.bpnorthwest.com/ . I
believe that they list these as a performance upgrade for TR4's and
TR6's. I have Ted Schumaker line my rear shoes with kevlar material
which works well. This setup makes you more aware of the rear brakes
working for you as the tail of the car will dance a bit under heavy
braking.

Allen