[Fot] Lever versus tube shocks

TR4Tony tr4.tony at virgin.net
Wed Jan 16 01:35:13 MST 2008

Hi

I used twin valve lever arm shocks (DAS9) type on my TR4 rally car - you can
set the bump / rebound rate by varying the shim depth of the valves. These
are fantastic and a straight bolt on mod, but pretty hard to find.

Now im running a set of adjustable DAS9's (which are hyper rare) and give me
24 settings via a big brass knob (which I had to cut a notch in the top of
the chassis leg to accommodate). These are just fantastic.

I use a similar oil mix to Chris, perhaps a little lighter with good results
on tarmac but still not as good as telescopics on loose or rough surfaces
(where the car struggles generally).

A lot of guys over here run the DAS10 adjustable shocks (used on the MGB)
and modify the chassis of the car as necessary .... again very good and FIA
legal.

Regards

Tony