[Fot] Brad Penn Oil Response

Allen Washatko awashatko at wi.rr.com
Fri Jan 11 17:07:01 MST 2008

Response to my request for specs on the oil.

Allen

Dear Allen,
Thank you for your inquiry about Penn Grade 1 racing oil. It seems that
the buzz of the industry today is the amount of ZDDP. Our racing oil,
The Green Oil, is being heavily requested by all racing segments
including historic, vintage and restoration/muscle cars; especially
engines using flat tappet cams.  We have been contacted by numerous
Triumph and Porsche Clubs concerning issues with some of todays motor
oils. With our racing oils, we did not reduce the level of ZDDP (zinc
anti-wear additive); in addition, we obtain a unique cut from our tower
that causes our racing oil to tenaciously cling to engine parts,
especially to flat tappet and roller cams minimizing wear in the
engine. Its just not the zinc but the proper additive balance that
separates our oil from the rest. With Cam manufactures such as ISKY,
CRANE, HOWARDS, CAM MOTION to name a few that our recommending our oil
we meet the test.  I have also copied by this e mail a BRAD PENN
distributor who can assist you with you lubricant needs. I have
attached a recent article that will give you some additional insight.
Thank you

Stone Lake  Oil
Keane Laakson
715-865-3443

Sincerely
Nick Dixon

BRAD PENN Lubricants
American Refining Group Inc.

BRAD PENN. Penn Grade 1. Racing Oils
The Green Oil.

 The term 100% Pure Pennsylvania Grade Crude Oil has long carried
with it an industry connotation for being one of the best sources of
high quality lubricant base stocks in the world.  Our BRAD PENN.
refinery, the oldest continuously operating lube oil refinery in the
United States, still refines 100% Pennsylvania grade crude oil.  PA
grade crude oil is a very thermally stable paraffinic crude oil which
contains no asphaltic constituents.  This makes it an ideal choice from
which to refine premium quality base oils.  Because we use only one
crude stock, our refined products are of consistently high quality and
performance.

BRAD PENN. brand products are truly MADE IN THE U.S.A.  American
Refining Groups Bradford, PA refinery is the home of The Green Oil.
that racers, engine builders and enthusiasts alike have all come to
know and love!  The unique green color and outstanding performance of
our Penn Grade 1 Racing oils set them apart from the competition.

BRAD PENN. Penn Grade 1. Racing Oils are formulated using a unique base
oil cut from our tower, which gives our PG 1 racing oils exceptional
film strength and unsurpassed metal wetting abilities.  This unique
base oil causes our PG 1 racing oil to cling tenaciously to engine
parts to minimize wear during high engine torque loading and/or periods
of heavily stressed operation such as those experienced during
competition.  This same oil cling helps prevent dry-start
conditions to minimize wear even after the engine has been sitting idle
for extended periods.
BRAD PENN. Penn Grade 1. Racing Oils also contain highly effective
detergent and dispersant additives to guarantee exceptional engine
cleanliness as well as oxidation and foam inhibitors that offer
protection against thermal degradation and air entrainment.

In addition to our unique base oil cut, increased concentration of
zinc (zinc dialkyldithiophosphate a.k.a. ZDDP) provides outstanding
anti-wear/anti-scuffing protection for engines employing either flat
tappet or roller cams.  BRAD PENN. Penn Grade 1. Racing Oils have been
evaluated by a number of premiere camshaft manufacturers with
tremendous success. Many are now recommending our PG 1 racing oils to
provide outstanding protection for their flat tappet or roller cams.

The American Refining Group, Inc. offers a comprehensive line of BRAD
PENN. lubricants such as gear oil, grease and other items to meet the
majority of racing needs.  We also offer a complete line of lubricants
for todays passenger car, fleet, commercial and industrial
applications.

BRAD PENN. Penn Grade 1. Racing Oils:

Penn Grade 1. Break-In Oil
SAE 30 mono-grade oil formulated specifically to meet the critical
lubrication needs of new engines during break-in while allowing proper
seating of rings and component run-in.  Enhanced levels of zinc
(zinc dialkyldithiophosphate a.k.a. ZDDP) and superior oil film
strength from Penn Grade base oils offer complete anti-wear,
anti-scuffing protection for even the most demanding of applications
such as those presented by break-in of engines with flat tappet cams.

Penn Grade 1. Partial Synthetic SAE 0W-30
A high-performance, lighter viscosity racing oil specifically designed
to maximize horsepower while protecting critical engine parts.  Penn
Grade base oils provide superior film strength while synthetic stocks
enhance performance throughout a wide range of operating temperatures
and conditions

Page 2

Penn Grade 1. Partial Synthetic SAE 10W-30
A truly versatile racing oil suitable for engines used both on the
street and/or the track.
The multi-viscosity grade and synthetic components facilitate cold
starting and quicker engine warm-up while insuring adequate engine
protection during competition.

Penn Grade 1. Partial Synthetic SAE 20W-50
Designed to offer higher performance racing engines the cold
temperature operational benefits of an SAE 20W engine oil while
providing the desired film strength; sealing abilities; bearing,
crankshaft, piston ring and valvetrain component anti-wear protection
of an SAE 50 weight oil at normal engine operating temperatures.

Penn Grade 1. SAE 50
Heavy viscosity, straight-grade motor oil designed to provide superior
lubrication to high-performance competition engines fueled by gasoline,
methanol or nitromethane.
Superior alcohol separation assures continual lubricant protection to
the engine.

Penn Grade 1. Nitro 70
High viscosity, high-performance motor oil engineered for use in
nitromethane or methanol fueled competition engines.  The heavy
viscosity and exceptional film strength provided by the Penn Grade
base oils helps protect against cylinder wash down and oil thinning
from fuel dilution typically encountered in these applications.

Penn Grade 1. Full Synthetic Hypoid Gear/Blower Racing Lubricant
A specially formulated 100% synthetic SAE 75W-90 oil designed for use
with self-contained systems where a SAE 75W, SAE 80W-90 or SAE 90 gear
oil is recommended.  Suitable for use in Roots and Lysholm screw-type
superchargers. May also be used in manual transmissions and hypoid
differentials.

Jody & Allen Washatko
N65 W5567 Columbia Road
Cedarburg, WI. 53012