[Fot] Subject: Re: gearbox legality

Bill Babcock billbab at mac.com
Sat Sep 22 07:52:34 MDT 2007

A little more clarification. I'm a writer. Worse yet I'm a guy who
learned to write by writing advertising--in other words I BS'd for a
living. Even though I don't do it for money any more I automatically
fluff up facts to create mental pictures that illustrate a point, and
the point I was making was that good TR transmissions are rare,
expensive, and take a lot of time to build--which makes them less a
solution for racers who are making hard decisions about where to
spend their bucks. You did tell me that you liked to deburr the gears
while you watched television, but I certainly wasn't implying
distraction--just that it takes a lot of tedious work to make one of
these boxes work so well.

If I even momentarily hurt your feelings then I am crushed. You are
one of my heros.