[Fot] Mallory condenser problems

Robert Lang lang at isis.mit.edu
Thu Sep 13 09:23:43 MDT 2007

Hi,

Sorry for the long posting, but I forgot one thing. When I asked this
question before, I got a few responses that said "check the ground". The
strap around the condensor has a plating on it (cadmium, I think) and I
typically use some fine sandpaper on the surface that mates to the dizzy
body to assure a good ground. But if you have a digital multimeter, check
the resistance from the condensor body to the battery ground. It should be
0.00. 1 or two ohms is probably okay, but any more than that and you've
got a bad ground connection somewhere that needs to be addressed.

Regards,
rml