[Fot] TR3 bore sizes?

Young Randall RYoung at navcomtech.com
Wed Sep 5 14:56:17 MDT 2007

> Forgetting the liners for a moment what about the stuck Grose
> jets in TR6's?  I have seen that many times.

I've been seeing a lot more stuck float valves of every sort (both Grose and
non-Grose, SU, ZS, non-CD, etc.) the last few years than I ever saw before.
Even my lawnmower caught the disease !  Doesn't prove anything I know, but I
believe it's a change in gasoline formulation.  Old gasoline would form a soft
brown deposit much like old varnish; while the new stuff seems to form a much
harder, whitish deposit.

FWIW, I got mad at the stuck float valve on the Stag a couple days ago, and
rather than pulling the carb, blew some compressed air through the fuel line.
Amazingly enough, it actually worked (after it blew apart the joint that
wasn't clamped properly <g>)

Randall