[Fot] Overdrive issue

Richard Taylor tarch at bellsouth.net
Sat Mar 31 16:23:54 MDT 2007

I personally know a dummy who once installed his TR-4 clutch plate in
backwards. It would not disengage until he took the %%&&** tranny back out
and turned it around. It worked quite nicely after that.

Richard Taylor

Good luck.  If you are still on I have a quick question.  Got my TR250 [TR5]
to run this week [big achievement].  Took it out to test drive and the
engine is not talking to the tranny.  Clutch must be stuck in the engaged
position.  I just installed it.  All I can think of is that the part with
the clutch fingers is too "tall" for this setup.  I had been using it [it is
a Spec] with my Toyota conversion.  I am now back to the TR tranny.  Thought
the clutch's were interchangeable.  Does my reasoning seem sound as I am
about to pull the %%&&** tranny again.
Chuck