[Fot] Fuel Cell Choices

Robert M. Lang lang at isis.mit.edu
Wed Mar 7 14:31:04 MST 2007

Hi,

I don't have a Spitfire, so I can't help on this one.

I'm not trying to hijack the thread, either - BUT I installed an 8 gallon
Fuel Safe setup in my TR6 which was set up for autox. I understand that
vintage regs require that my cell be closer to the stock capacity which is
12.5 gallons, more or less. That means "I get to upgrade".

So - how about a survey?

example:

Car       Cell Brand    Cell Capacity
TR6       Fuel Safe         8 gal

reply to the list or me. I'll try to summarize.

At autox speed/throttle use, I get just about 3 MPG. That's like 16 laps
at Lime Rock. I'm sure I'd get more like 6 or 8MPG if I had 4.10 or
numerically lower gears and I actually used 4th, but I digress (again).

rml