[Fot] Press Release - First Annual Triumph Bash - April Spring Tune-up and Race Days

OFB Racing ofbracing at nefcom.net
Sun Mar 18 15:20:48 MDT 2007

To all Motorsports Media:  The prestigious Martha McDougal Trophy is to
be presented at the upcoming First Annual Triumph Bash - April Spring
Tune-up and Race Days (F.A.T.B.A.S.T.A.R.D.) vintage races at VIR
(Virginia International Raceway) on the weekend of April 13-16, 2007.

The Trophy honors Ms. Martha McDougal, a woman who toiled in almost
total obscurity for many years at the Triumph automobile plant in
Coventry, England.  According to sources believed to be reliable, Martha
was born in Coventry in January, 1923. Her parents were tragically
killed in the Blitz and Martha was left an orphan at age 16. Although
she was not overly bright, she was very resourceful and within months
had gotten a job at the Standard Triumph factory emptying the dust bins.
Throughout the war and until the demise of the company, Martha made the
rounds, day after day, month after month, year after year, transferring
the trash into her cart and then into the large bins behind the factory,
without complaint or even one day's absence.

Over the years Martha became known as the single person who had
completed the most "laps" of the Triumph factory and, upon her
retirement a few months before the final closing of the Coventry plant,
she was honored with a bronzed pair of high top Keds, her signature
footwear.  It is rumored that at the presentation, Sir John himself
reminisced about how Martha, who had an endearing habit of assigning
nicknames to all the staff, would push past him in the hallway and
mumble, "Get out of my way you fat bastard".

In her memory, we will be awarding the "Martha McDougal Trophy" to the
Triumph driver who completes the most qualified laps of VIR during the
F.A.T.B.A.S.T.A.R.D. "feature race".  In this way, we are not only
honoring a person who many Triumph owners have never heard of but we are
also rewarding the driver who best emulates Martha's unique ability to
"triumph" in the face of adversity.

Since Martha was forced to maneuver around many obstacles during her
"laps" of the factory, we will conduct our "feature race" during the
VCDA's Gimmick Race (www.VintageDrive.com) in which competitors will
share the track with other vintage racers who are not actually entered
in our event.  And since as Martha aged and gained weight her "lap
times" got higher, we will apply an age and weight factor to the final
lap count for each car/driver combination.  The winner will be
determined by a complex formula including age and weight of driver, age
of car, laps completed, overall speed and the temperature.  The Trophy
will be presented at the F.A.T.B.A.S.T.A.R.D. banquet and awards
ceremony on Friday evening at the Triumph paddock.  Dinner and adult
beverages, including a selection of exotic Fat Bastard wines, will be
provided to registered entrants and their crews.

For more information or to make reservations, contact Mr. Leo Oddi,
email LOddTR at aol.com or by phone at (540) 891-8236.