[Fot] CLASSIC and SPORTS CAR

BillDentin at aol.com BillDentin at aol.com
Sun Mar 18 10:54:07 MDT 2007

Amici...

You never see much print coverage on TORNADO CARS, the English Specials with
lots of TRIUMPH parts.  Bob Wismer and I CO-own a TYPHOON, THUNDER BOLT, and a
TALISMAN. So when a friend in England alerted me to small article in the
March issue of the glossy British magazine CLASSIC and SPORTS CAR, I made a trip
to my local Barnes and Noble to pick up a copy.  Sure enough, there was a
reference (and picture) of the Sports Brake (Estate Wagon) that TORNADO made.
Weird looking car.  Picture an Aston Martin DB2 works racer, and then convert it
to a station wagon.  That's pretty much what they did.  They can't remember if
they made one, or two or three.  I've only seen pictures.

But the reason for this email is that this March issue also has an extensive
article on TRIUMPH sports.  It is the feature article for the month.  Anyone
interested in such special attention in the print media for TRIUMPH cars should
get up a copy.

Years ago I was a subscriber to this magazine.  Had to stop.  The commercial
and classified ads are dangerous.  They sure always have some neat 'stuff' for
sale.  Wife, Shirley Jean, has put her foot down.  No more cars!

Bill (Damdinger)