[Fot] Cutting Aeroquip Hoses..

steve colordog.1 at earthlink.net
Thu Mar 15 18:12:04 MDT 2007

My Dad's old TR3 arrived via Passport Transport on Monday night.  Each night after work, I'm out there puttering around trying to tidy up the engine compartment a bit. It's in great condition but I've always wanted to clean up the location of a few lines, wires, etc..

One of the things I'd like to do is to replace the 17year old Aeroquip fuel lines with new stuff.

The braided SS fuel hoses on the car were cut to length with a hack-saw.  Then, the prickly ends were wrapped in a few loops of black tape.  Over that goes a hose clamp.  When I shop around online for Aeroquip tubing and fittings, all the ends available seem to be THREADED fittings.  Is there a more elegant solution to clamp the ends onto the SU carb fuel-input pipes than the hack saw, tape, hose clamp method?

Anyone use rubber fuel tubing instead of the braided line?

~Steve