[Fot] Bad Time

EDWARD BARNARD edwardbarnard at prodigy.net
Mon Jun 11 09:19:47 MDT 2007

Scott: Being an electronic engineer I'll tell you a secret...those lights with the dial in the handle rarely read correctly when new, and time just degrades them. Mark the pulley! Secondly, if you are using an inductive light and solid core wires you are picking up adjacent plugs firing. I love solid core wires, but they seem to make the more sensitive electronic add-on's react strangely. Rev limiters go nuts, MSD's don't work right, and inductive lights pick-up adjacent plugs. I have been using a 35+ year old timing light that hooks directly to the plug. No stray noise pick-up. I will say that I have stopped using solid core wires when using sensitive electronics. Thanks - Ed

edwardbarnard at prodigy.net
Fot mailing list
Fot at autox.team.net