[Fot] Vintage Race TR4 on ebay

Alan ... alan at nosbritishparts.com
Fri Jul 27 21:05:06 MDT 2007

I drove the #24 car for Barry Rosenberg  for many years. It is the ex Jim Ealy TR4. It is one of the most perfect examples of a TR4 in existence. All the years it was raced it avoided body damage. I don't think it ever even got a tire mark. The only damage it got was when Jim Ealy loaded it on the trailer and bumped the bonnet. He towed it to the track behind a Lincoln MKIV. The trailer was a double axle on Jaguar Series I E-type wire wheels.
 Barry changed the rear axles to CV joints and it totally changed the way the car went down the back straight at Road Atlanta. Can you imagine a TR4 that doesn't vibrate?? The car was silk smooth. It has a CR J-type OD that you can shift as quick as you want.
 I see my name is still on the drivers door making me believe that it has not been raced since the 2005 Mitty. Somebody on the list should have this car. I wish I was in a position to grab it but I have too many already. Feel free to e-mail me for more info.

Alan Taylor

Jerry Van  Vlack <jerryvv at adelphia.net> wrote: I recall seeing this car at the 2005 Mitty. It is very well prepared and as
I recall it was competitive too. It's nicer than the photos.
NFI at all.
JVV